Thursday, January 22, 2009

Getting the most out of each day

One of the most powerful strategies to implement is to 'live in the moment'. Your true power is here and now. So to prepare for this we need to have an action plan for each day. Start with one thing you are going to accomplish today. I keep a journal of each work day where I record what I need to complete that day and what I actually get done. Tasks that are not completed move to the next day's entry. This helps me to see my accomplishments and nothing gets 'dropped'. Another useful tool is the Outlook calendar, I use it to record all of my meetings, appointments, phone conferences and as a bring forward system. I have found it to be very advantageous to enter a task into the calendar and then be free from having to remember it, I let the technology work for me! By doing this I have freed up so much creative time that allows me to do some real thinking - not remembering. In addition to entering meetings with others, I also use the calendar for meeting with me:) I have decided that I am just as important and in order to honor my commitments to myself I schedule them in just as I would a commitment to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment