Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Taking Inventory

Before anything happens, a plan must be created. How many of you would stay aboard a plane after the pilot has declared that he is not really sure where he’s going? Yet so many of us run our lives as if on a plane with no flight route; being lead from one emergency or event to the next with no clear direction. Of the many people who do have goals, many are frustrated and ready to give up because they haven’t planned their goals correctly. When you set your goals using the right systems, you are already well on your way to reaching them.
The tips that will follow in the next several days will take you from the beginning to the end of the goal setting process. When finished, you will have a set of goals that are effective and efficient. When you set your goals properly, half the work is already done.
For now I want you to concentrate on taking inventory! Where are you right now? For example, if you are creating financial goals, how much money do you have in your savings account? Checking? What amount do you have planned for a college fund? This will help you set SMART Goals that are both effective and powerful.

Ask yourself the following questions:

What do I want?
How should I go about getting it?
Who can help me?
What can help me?
What obstacles will I face?
How will I deal with those obstacles?
What do I have to change or give up?
When do I want to accomplish my goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment